Sunday, March 21, 2010

Candelabra Make Over

Several months ago my daughter over at Three Men and A Lady sent me a candelabra. She had ordered one and it came damaged, so because my DH is a welder (among many other talents) and could fix it she sent it to me, after the company sent her a new one and didn't want the broken one back. It took me a while to do the make over but I found out why the other day.

Here it is stripped and ready for paint, after its repair. Thanks honey.
Cute isn't it?























These are the original crystals and I planned to put them back on the candelabra...........



















after I gave it a new color. The color I chose is a Bronze, using Kylon's hammered finish for indoor and outdoor use.























Then one day, as I was visiting blogs on Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound, I discovered a blog that really captured my attention, the colors in her header stopped me in my tracks and what is interesting about that is, I don't generally like these colors................ya know blues......I know alot of people just love blue, but I am not one of them










That blog is Design DNA, isn't it just beautiful? Still takes my breath away each time I see them. By the way go over and visit Her @ Design DNA, she is holding a flee market with other vendors and the proceeds go to help rebuild homes destroyed by natural disasters.




Note: It has come to may attention that the flea market is over, but donations are still being accepted, please go and visit at Design DNA, you will be glad you did.


Well it is because of Her beautiful header that I began looking for my own aqua crystals, which I found on Ebay @

Here they are..........................




















Beautiful aren't they, so now I had the drive to finish this project.


Here are few pictures of the finished candelabra. I have included several shots, since I can't seem to get a good picture.

























































































Turned out beautifully, and I am enjoying it in my kitchen window where it catches the sun light and casts rainbows around the room. Thank you DD and Her for the inspiration and the beautiful candelabra.


Linking up to................



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Fantastico, Gail! I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your color comfort zone! :)
And many thanks for mentioning ddna. Our Flea market is over but we are still accepting donations!

Unknown said...

love the aqua crystals and the new look.

Tiffanee said...

That is so beautiful! Love the color. You are very talented!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

You don't know how glad I am that teal, ooops! I mean aqua, is back in style. My Living room is peach and teal, I mean aqua!! Now I can finally find things in teal, I mean aqua to match !!! In the 50's, it was called turquoise! What goes around only comes back around again!! LOVE THOSE CRYSTALS!!
Debbie

Jean said...

Beautiful! Love it blue! Jean

One Cheap B*tch said...

Coming over from Met Monday. This looks a brand spanking new candelabra/chandelier now. Nicely done - love it! New follower!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

what a wonderful makeover...love the aqua crystals!

Aprons Gone Wild said...

Hello Gail,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing the ordeal of my kitchen makeover.
We seem to have a lot in common. I am eager to read more of your posts. Great job on the chandelier!
Joanne

Tiffanee said...

I love this so much I am linking you in my Pink Saturday post! Hope this is all right!! Have a great weekend!
onecrazycookie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi. You were by my blog for Pink Sat last weekend and left a wonderful comment (Bittersweet Pinks). Thank you much! I kept wanting to scroll and read more of your blog -but I'm trying to catch up w/stuff and know tomorrow is Pink Sat again! I love the candelabra -- I have one I need to redo. LOve the color you chose for the crystals! :) See ya next time. Jenn <><

Anonymous said...

Never would have thought about aqua crystals but they are so pretty!! Great job on the chandy!