Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Help is Needed

I have copied and am posting this (a copy of Cathy's post) to my blogs, in hopes that someone can help this family. Cathy from The Stylish Home is in need of our help. Please spread the word, time is critical.

Seeking The Gift Of Life!


HEATHER ERICKSON


Dear Family and Friends,

Please help spread the word about my 25 year old daughter, Heather's medical situation and critical need for a live liver donor transplant.

Heather is a wonderful, caring young woman who has shown amazing grace throughout this difficult time. She is my husband's and my only child and is a daughter dearly loved. Seven years ago Heather was diagnosed with a rare liver disease called Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. It's a progressive illness that destroys the liver ducts and despite everyone's best efforts it could not be stopped.

As a result Heather is currently listed for a liver transplant at Henry Ford Hospital in Michigan. The doctors recommend a live donor to give Heather the best chance for survival, due to the critical shortage of cadaver livers available. Rick, my husband, and I would love to be her donor, but we are not a blood match so we are seeking people who are.


Heather needs someone with O blood type (either negative or positive). who is willing to be tested to be a live liver donor. To learn more about donating please call the Henry Ford transplant coordinator Arlene Helms 313-916-9882 on behalf of Heather Erickson.


We understand a living donation may not be an an option for everyone and respect it's a personal decision.

As always with love,
Cathy and Rick Erickson


Family is a circle of strength and love!

To my blogging friends and readers thank you for your support. I appreciate your kind words and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Gail, for spreading the love! Surely someone will hear and be the right person to help!

Cathy told me that the wonderful thing about live liver transplants is that they only take a portion of the donor's liver. In both the donor and recipient, both pieces of liver grow into whole livers!!! Amazing! Both people end up with healthy whole livers in a few short months!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Praying you will find the perfect donor.
Debbie

Cindy said...

I will put her on my prayer list..we are A+ around here!!

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

The Stylish House said...

Gail,
I'm Heather's mom and want to thank you for running her story on your blog. A blogger who saw it mentioned it to me so I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your kindess and support.
We might have found a donor and they are going through the testing so please keep us in your prayers. I will update my blog as I learn more. It will take several weeks until the tests are reviewed, but we are hopeful.
Hugs, Cathy