Monday, January 17, 2011

Creative Organization Party -3

 Welcome to "Creative Organization Party"

 Last week I shared a tip for 
organizing in my bathroom, repurposing a bookcase.

This week I will show you some more ideas
in my tiny 6 foot by 8 foot bathroom.

When we were deciding on the sink vanity
I did not want the usual.  I really wanted a piece of furniture like my 
mother-in-law has, but I could not find anything to fit my small space.
While at the store one day DH saw this rolling cart (for the kitchen),
could we use it?  Yes, we could.
The cart was not wide enough so 
I  had him add a shelf on the side with a 
hole in it to hold my blow dryer.
It also became a great spot for my hair supplies.
Now you have to realize I have no drawers to put this stuff into.
What is that that looks like a drawer you say
well that should be one except the sink takes up that space.
 Now this is not a fancy set up, but it works well for my tiny spot and reflects the 
personality of our home.
In the picture below you can see how the blow dryer fits.
There is storage below the sink (and you do not want to see that area.  Wink)
With the cabinet being narrow, there was room under for 
the oh so lovey trash can.
Towels hang off to the left with a small room heater under them.
To the left of the sink and behind the toilet, next to the shower (left)
is a cabinet the Kirk made many years ago.  It lived in our 
front room at out old house.
It to moved into this small space to help with organization.
 Behind the doors are 2 very full shelves,
 two more open shelves and 2 very full drawers below that.
 A basket on the counter of the sink holds brushes, and assorted hair items
the container that holds my styling brush and other items
was used for holding makeup brushes in its old life.

Thank you for stopping by
I hope you have found some inspiration on ways to organize.

I invite you to like up to this post below with your own
Creative Organization.



4 comments:

Donnie said...

That is a great idea for the space. We have only 360 sqft in the Florida place and 300 in the NC place. See, since they are small we can have two...lol....I'm always looking for ideas for small spaces. Great post.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see this, reminds me of fun times. I linked you top and bottom of my post.

Ann said...

You've really created a great space. I would really appreciate have the dryer and hair supplies so close. Really like the cabinet your hubby made too.
Ann

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Great ideas! I know what you mean about trying to find space in a small area!

Hugs,
Jacalyn